ADO can be used to access databases from your web pages.
What you should already know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:
- WWW, HTML and the basics of building Web pages
- Active Server Pages (ASP)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
If you want to study these subjects first, go to our Home page
What is ADO?
- ADO is a Microsoft technology
- ADO stands for ActiveX Data Objects
- ADO is a Microsoft Active-X component
- ADO is automatically installed with Microsoft IIS
- ADO is a programming interface to access data in a database
Accessing a Database from an ASP Page
The common way to access a database from inside an ASP page is to:
- Create an ADO connection to a database
- Open the database connection
- Create an ADO recordset
- Open the recordset
- Extract the data you need from the recordset
- Close the recordset
- Close the connection
Thank You For Helping Us!
Your message has been sent to W3Schools.