Privacy Statement for W3Schools
The following statements describes the privacy practices for W3Schools:
- We do not collect any personal information from our users
- Visits are logged for aggregate statistics and diagnosis
- Security settings protect the misuse of sensitive information
Personal User Information
W3Schools requires no user registration. Users are free to visit W3Schools, and navigate all its pages.
Our cookies help us:
- Improve the speed of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Offer you free services/content (by advertising)
- Make our marketing more efficient (helping us keep the site free to use)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
If your browser is adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this. Should you wish to deactivate cookies, you can learn how to do this below, however doing so will likely mean that your browser will not work as you would expect on most web pages.
Social Website Cookies
Cookies are used by social websites (like Facebook and Twitter) so you can easily Like or share our content with the sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from the different social websites and are dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These analytics programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising, or opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at https://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Note: Opting out of advertising cookies will not disable ads, they will just no longer be tailored to you.
We fund our site by showing adverts as you browse our site. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specializing in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visits so they can personalize the adverts to you, ensure that you don't see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Your browser help function will tell you how. Doing so however will limit the functionality of most of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of websites.
Using Google Drive in our Tryit Editor
Our Tryit Editor allows users to store code to, or import code from, Google Drive.
This allows users to:
- Store examples/code to their Google Drive
- Share examples/code through Google Drive
W3Schools does not keep for ourselves, or share this information with third parties.
W3Schools contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. This privacy document applies only to W3Schools.
Contacting the Web Site
For any questions about this privacy statement, please contact: