What is C#?
C# is pronounced "C-Sharp".
It is an object-oriented programming language created by Microsoft that runs on the .NET Framework.
C# has roots from the C family, and the language is close to other popular languages like C++ and Java.
The first version was released in year 2002. The latest version, C# 11, was released in November 2022.
C# is used for:
- Mobile applications
- Desktop applications
- Web applications
- Web services
- Web sites
- Database applications
- And much, much more!
Why Use C#?
- It is one of the most popular programming language in the world
- It is easy to learn and simple to use
- It has a huge community support
- C# is an object oriented language which gives a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused, lowering development costs
- As C# is close to C, C++ and Java, it makes it easy for programmers to switch to C# or vice versa
This tutorial will teach you the basics of C#.
It is not necessary to have any prior programming experience.Get Started »