ChatGPT-4 Prompt Writing Introduction
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI that generates text based on text input.
ChatGPT was developed by OpenAI and released as a beta in November 2022.
ChatGPT grew from 0 to 1 000 000 users in just 5 days and has continued to grow.
ChatGPT can be used to:
- Understand Text
- Create content
- Debug code
- Virtual Assistant
- And much, much more!
The process of giving ChatGPT input is known as Prompt Writing, or Prompt Engineering.
General Rules for Prompt Writing
The first prompt provides a starting point or direction for ChatGPT. The response follows the same tone, context, and style as the prompt.
Here are some general rules for writing prompts for ChatGPT-4:
- Start simple - start with a simple prompt and build on it
- Call to Action - start the prompt with an action word like "Write", "Create", or "Summarize" instead of "Can you"
- Add Context - add specific and relevant context to the task you want to perform
- Add Expectations - add clear and direct expectations for the content, like how long it should be and what to include
With the following prompt:
- It should be useful
- It should be silly
- It should spark creativity
A response from a Generative AI (in this case, ChatGPT) could be: