Generative AI Prompt text-to-text Introduction
What is text-to-text Generative AI?
A text-to-text Generative AI is an AI that Generates text based on text input.
An example of a text-to-text Generative AI is ChatGPT, developed by OpenAI.
Text generation uses machine learning, existing data and previous user input in generating responses.
Text Generative AI can be used to:
- Understanding Text
- Create content
- Debug code
- Virtual Assistant
- And much, much more!
Giving Generative AIs input is known as AI Prompt Writing or AI Prompt Engineering.
General Rules for Prompt Writing
When writing prompts for text-to-text Generative AIs, the rules will differ depending on which platform you use, but here are some general rules:
- Start simple - start with a simple prompt and build on it
- Call to Action - start the prompt with an action word like "Write", "Create", or "Summarize" instead of "Can you"
- Add Context - add specific and relevant context to the task you want to perform
- Add Expectations - add clear and direct expectations for the content, like how long it should be and what to include
With the following prompt:
- It should be useful
- It should be silly
- It should spark creativity
A response from a Generative AI (in this case, ChatGPT) could be: