w3.css version 3
w3.css version 4
W3.CSS Version 4
W3.CSS version 4 was released March 24. 2017.
Here are some design highlights:
- Version 4 is twice as fast as version 3
- Version 4 was redesigned to allow the separation of colors
- Version 4 was redesigned to allow the separation of a mobile version
Both version 3 and version 4 can be downloaded from W3.CSS Downloads.
The Difference Between Version 3 and 4
These are the most important changes:
- Deprecated classes have been removed in version 4
- The default colors of buttons have been removed in version 4
- The number of border colors and hover colors have been reduced in version 4
Deprecated classes are described in the W3.CSS References.
Version 4 is the default style sheet used by W3Schools.com.
W3.CSS - Pro
Version 4 comes with a professional version: w3pro.css.
The pro version has no colors defined.
The pro version is designed for using themes or other color classes supplied by the developer.
The pro version can be downloaded from: https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/4/w3pro.css
W3.CSS - Mobile
Version 4 comes with a mobile version: w3mobile.css.
The mobile version is for mobile applications.
The mobile version is a mobile-only style sheet (it has no responsive mobile-first media queries).
The mobile version has no colors defined.
The mobile version is designed for using themes or other color classes supplied by the developer.
The mobile version can be downloaded from: https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/4/w3mobile.css