AWS Cloud Lambda
Serverless Cloud Compute - AWS Lambda
AWS Lambda a serverless compute service.
This service lets you run code without needing to think about servers.
It lets you focus on what's most important, such as making a great application.
You only pay for the compute time that you use.
Pay for what you use translates to that you only pay when your code is running.
How AWS Lambda Works
The high-level steps to understand the concept:
- Deploy your code to Lambda
- Make the code ready to trigger an event
- The code only runs when triggered
- Pay only when your code is running
You can look at serverless as a car.
You start the car to travel to your destination.
Once you are at the destination, you stop it.
You only used fuel when driving.
Lambda works in the same way. The use is on-demand when you run the code.
What is AWS Lambda?
Serverless computing helps abstract the infrastructure in the cloud.
As a result, it reduces costs and can help to increase innovation.
AWS Lambda can be used to:
- Build and deploy apps
- Monitor and maintain apps
Related reads:Read more about AWS Lambda here
You can run Back-End code with AWS Lambda.
Here are some popular Back-End languages:
Node.js - Learn Node.js
Python - Learn Python
Java - Learn Java
Kotlin - Learn Kotlin
C# - Learn C#
Browse our site for other popular languages - Visit W3Schools.com
AWS Cloud Exercises
Relevant Specializations and Guided Projects
- AWS Fundamentals Specialization
- Python Serverless Specialization
- Node.JS Serverless Specialization
- Java Serverless Specialization
- Amazon Event Bridge and Lambda